Much time has past since I last posted on here! Spring semester is just about over, and the long winter we've been having here in Virginia has finally decided to take a rest so that the sun can finally do its thang. Thankfully, I get to look forward soon to spending my summer days in the sun, camping, traveling and documenting more about my day to day delights!
I have been, as usual, behind on keeping up with my 30 lists, but hopefully when I am able to complete last month's challenge, I can share the entire thing on here with you all in one big photo! Until then, here are some spring snaps from this past week (with my iPhone 4s).
- Going camping in Shenandoah National Park (a yearly vacation that Scott and I love to take)
- Flying to Minnesota to be a part of my cousin's wedding
- Attending my little brother's college graduation
- Visiting and supporting my town's farmer's market
- Taking more advantage of the metro system to tour parts of northern Virginia
- Moving to a new space with Scott
- Summer thrifting
- Visiting Ocean City for a weekend
Didn't I say I would only name a few? Haha! Now before I finish this little post update, I would like to share with you what I made for lunch today. Why? Because it was too darn easy and good to not share! Margherita pizza's are my all time favorite, and they make a great summer dish too.
Classic Margherita Pizza
+ 1 Personal Pan Boboli's Pizza Crust
+ 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
+ 1/2 Cup (or less) of Organic Pizza Sauce
+ 4-5 leaves of freshly picked Basil (split)
+ 1 Tomato (thinly sliced)
+ 1/2 Cup (or less) Mozzarella Cheese
+ 1/2 Tsp McCormick's Italian Seasoning
+ 1/2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
+ Olive Oil
1. Turn stove on to 450 degrees.
2. Simply begin to prepare all of the above ingredients and place on pizza crust as so:
pizza sauce, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, mozzarella, split basil,
tomatoes, crushed red pepper, a sprinkle of more mozzarella, and a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Place on oven rack and bake for 8-10 minute.
4. One done, let pizza cool to desired temperature, and voila! Enjoy!
What are some of your favorite summer dishes? Thank gosh for Pinterest, because I have a whole board of pins with some amazing recipes to try!
Hope your wonderful selves have been enjoying the spring season so far!
xx jamie lynn