Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Finds

Yesterday was a definite win.  Say hello to my lovely new bunch of thrifted treasures (minus a yellow-vintage sweater not pictured) that I was able to find yesterday while out and about! All for the price of only fifty dollars. 



I thought to myself on my way back home about possibly opening up an Etsy store to sell some of these items (and if I were to find more wonderful treasures in the future). We shall see, it's definitely something positively good to think about + look forward to! 

I snapped several more photos so that you can get a better look at some of the goodies I was able to find. 

{ southwestern prints + colors }

{ baxley, giving me the evil eye for keeping him inside }





I think my favorite book out of this bunch would have to be the "Back to Nature" Almanac.   I loved the random facts about plant life, how-to's for gardening, and even DIY crafts.  It's copyright is from the late 70s early 80s, not to old but old enough. ;)

{ china from england + asia }




{ lovely artwork throughout "the heart of a dog" book }


{ this big ben alarm clock is supposedly from 1949, however, I am not sure if this particular one was a reproduction }

{ I'm excited to wear these bad boys on my next photo adventure - most likely next Monday! }


The frame of dried flowers pictured below is a gift-in-process for a very special friend! I am hoping she gets it by Valentine's day. I purchased the frame at the thrift store for less than $0.50 and placed two dried flowers inside from a bouquet that I received while as a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding last summer.  What's funny is the straw-like-string (which I cannot think of the correct term right now) is also from a wedding from last summer. I totally did not realize this until now! 

{ DIY framed flowers }




Welp, that about sums up my wonderful thrifting finds from yesterday. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead! 

xx jmeelin



No comments:

Post a Comment